Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Quiet Night in Second Life

I haven't been in world a whole lot since I haven't had a good home machine for running Second Life. My iMac at work is great but I am only there two days a week in the summer.

I have been experimenting with more organic sorts of forms for building and here is design prototype based on a sort of bacterial building module. This shows three of them put together to make a large private space.

I have textured the floor and ceiling in a wood pattern. The outside of one is visable left of center. The outside texture of my modules actually is a photo from my real life back yard which makes a great covering to blend in. The inside texture is a transparent texture. Hence I can see out but no one can see in.

The second view is the roof from underneath and you can see the roof is open and the roof lines of the three intersecting modules form a pleasing geometric pattern.

By the way, transport is via a Terra Teleporter - Mark IV Teleport system complete with Star Trek teleport effects. No doors or stairs...why bother?

No comments: