Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ren Fest!

nubianprincess

Sunday we went to the Kansas City Renaissance
Festival in Bonner Springs. Sunday so it was packed. This was good for me though since I wanted mainly to take pictures and just wander around. We did take in a few performances and attended the jousting tourney at the end of the day.

purplefey
The nice thing about taking pictures at the Ren Fest is that people WANT you to take their pictures if you ask politely that is.

llama


If I have an issue with the "Ren Fest" it is that it is a bit too Anglocentric for my taste. So it's best to ignore these historical lapses, put up with the Pirates singing Frank Sinatra songs and enjoys the colorful people...and birds.

parrots1

1 comment:

Larry said...

I went to the KC Renaissance Festival several years ago. A charming diversion, much like attending a Rendezvous or Civil War Re-enactment. There is another such gathering down by St. Louis every year and I may try to attend that one one of these years.