Monday, June 16, 2008

Such details

I suppose one could postulate a creator that pays special attention to us. We are made in the creator's image, right? But notice the wonderful detail of this moth:

Bird dropping moth

Check out the poofy front legs.

Here's another view more from the top:

Bird dropping moth

Each organism seems to be sculpted to the same detail that we are. Now who does the creator love more, me or the moth, eh?

Don't creationists ever think about the issues raised by the personal God as pet notion?

Oh the moth is a Noctuid called a Wood Nymph, genus at least is Eudryas-a true wood nymph!
See http://bugguide.net/node/view/110093

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your comment, and the moth!

I moth trap whenever I can , in our garden in the UK. It is fascinating to see so many different types of moths. It feels good to be part of the complex system of nature. Some people need a god to explain that feeling, some don't. It should be left to a personal interpretation. I just wish everybody actually knew enough science to make their own conclusions. I am afraid there is a lot of people who will rather believe that think.

Paul D. said...

I agree with you here. What's interesting is that people seem to vary in their ability to have that feeling of being a part of something bigger. Whether it is due to variation in development or variation at a more basic biological level I am not sure.