Thursday, January 18, 2007

Why is this person smiling?

This is my car pool mate Lynn and she's probably smiling because she doesn't have to put up with my bad driving and rather than riding in a small vehicle in a large stream of gas guzzling SUV's, both she and I are riding the new bus service between Lawrence and Overland Park Kansas, about 30 miles away.

We pick up the the bus at Haskell Indian Nation's University in Lawrence and get dropped off right at the Carlsen Center at JCCC. And as an added bonus the coffee bar is right on the way to my office. Each ride is $2.50 each way but one will be able to buy 10 rides for $15.00 so the cost then will run $3.00/day.

Less stress, we get to ride the biggest thing on the road instead of her hybrid and my Subaru, and if this pans out less wear on the cars and reduced insurance cost. What a deal!

No comments: